Monday, July 9, 2012

Andy's 1st Email 7-7-12

MOM,                                      
COME GET ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol I'm just kidding. I'm having a blast and I have learned a whole bunch. I'll admit that I do miss you guys a ton and I did get a little homesick my first night here. It was partly because when I was trying to sleep, I couldn't drown myself in work. So it turns out that I can't go into the temple for 2 weeks and what is crazy is that I might get moved into the advanced classes! We will see. Well while I am here my P-days are on Fridays but today is an exception. I don't have any addresses so I am only sending you an email to remind people that I can't mail first, lol. It is crazy hot in here! I am sweating like no other, so when Ben gives me his address, I need to thank him for the bandana he gave me to wipe off my sweat. But ya since I have been here I have already lost a companion. Elder Cardenas got moved to the advanced classes so I was only with him for less than a day but now I am in a trio! Elder Misustin and Elder Dahl are really cool. Today we already get to teach our first lesson and I am super nervous but this entire experience has been a truly humbling experience because all of this is new to me. Everything I read about the Atonement or the Plan of Salvation I have to rely on my Heavenly Father to help me remember and the same with the language. All the people who are here, who already speak Spanish tell me that I speak really well and that I should be in the advanced classes which feels really good. They are people from Chile or Mexico telling me this. I have met tons of cool people. My thoughts are just everywhere so I don't know what to say so this my be short. But mom there are a lot of gorgeous sisters here. I was just talking to this girl from Chile who is really cool and so is her companion who is from Greenland. I got to remind myself not to hit on them.     But yeah can you ask my Tia Lucy to say my full name for me and tell her she stinks. I love and miss you guys tons! I want you and everybody to know that I am good and not to worry about me because I have never been happier. For the first time in my life I can truly say that I am actually learning a lot about the gospel. Like I said my testimony has grown a lot. I'm sorry this isn't longer but I need to get going. P-day is less than half a day today and I need to go finish my laundry. Please let everybody know that I would love to hear from them because I don't think I will feel as homesick at night. Last night I was fine but the first night was a long night for me.     I just want to share with you my testimony that I know that the Church of Jesus Christ is true. President Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God and he does receive direct revelation from our Heavenly Father. There is a Plan for each and every one of us. We came to earth to learn to be like our Savior. Jesus Christ died so that we may be saved. He carried the greatest burden anybody could ever hold and he did it for each and every one of us who has, is, and will walk on this earth. I love my Heavenly Father for sending His Son. I love Jesus for coming and doing all He did for us and I love the fact that we have the Holy Ghost in our lives as a constant companion. And I say that in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Tell everybody I love them and I miss them.

Elder Ruelas....your son Andy!

No comments:

Post a Comment