Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 27, 2012

Mom,
Haha thanks for sending me my stuff. Reading my patriartical blessing really helped me feel better about my day yesterday. Ya I know I am a perfectionist but I just want to do the right things on my mission. I had never realized how much of my patriartical blessing talked about my mission. Lets just say I am ready to learn more. Thanks for the letters and the calender. Everybody got a good laugh about the the pictures and your letters are always awesome. That is crazy about Boyd. I'll be sure to keep him in my prayers. Dont worry I will always write more than 3 lines. I can say that everything will be in a good order, because I only have 30 minutes to write an email and I suck at typing but I will do my best!
I'm gonna write Angelica today, but can you tell her I said happy birthday from me and give her a hug? Yesterday I was thinking about grandma and then I remembered that I was going to get to go to the temple today!!! It was awesome. I was super tired but the feeling I had there kept me awake. I said a prayer thanking my Heavenly Father for everything. I asked him to please send me one more verification that everything I am learning is true. When I was done I was a little worried because I didn't feel like I had the spirit with me. I was in there for like 15 minutes waiting and listening. My companion wanted to leave so I went. and when I was done changing, I had to get my suit jacket. When I got to mine, I saw my name. ELDER RUELAS. Right underneath that it says La Iglesia de JESUCRISTO De Los Santos De Los Ultimos Dias. After I saw that I knew that this is where I am supposed to be. Heavenly Father knows me and was telling me yes to all of my questions, I am just not used to hearing the spirit. He knows that and He made it more obvious to me. I want you to know that I am working hard. I am giving it my all!
Those elders are some really good friends I made here at the MTC. Elder Martin is from my mission. His mom isn't active but I hope she will let me in to just talk to her that she raised a good son. The rest of the Elders are real cool but I wanted to tell you about Elder Martin so I can tell you thank you. YOU have helped me grow in the church. I always looked to you when I needed help and it kind of stinks that I dont have you here with me, but I know that I can turn to my Heavenly Father because he will help me  just like you have. Whenever I have doubts, he will set me straight. "Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you." My testimony of prayer has really been strengthened. I want to be able to testify with power about the things that I am teaching and I needed help with where to start. The next day we got taught a lesson about the Atonement. I thought that I knew a lot, but boy was I wrong. We read out of Luke chapters 22 and 23 and I learned even more about what our Savior had to go though just so that we can be forgiven of our sins to have the chance to be clean and live with him and your Heavenly Father again. I want you to read that because we can never learn too much. There is something that I like to say; Our life will begin with Faith in Jesus Christ and end with Faith in Jesus Christ. When we learn about the things He has done for you we will want to change our ways (repent), we will want to be baptized, receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and then after all of that WE ALL need to endure to the end. Going to the temple, marriage, having a family and learning more are all part of enduring to the end. There are a lot more things I want to say but I am running out of time. I just want you to know that I am happy here. I am learning a ton and you dont have to worry. I am not having doubts. I dont want you to think that because of what I said in this letter and in the one before. I am just working to CONVERT myself to the gospel. If I havent been converted how can I expect to convert the people I teach. I want to bring the Joy and Peace that this gospel brings to the lives of people and my life too. I love you and tell everybody I love them and to keep sending me letters. I dont have anybodys address so they need to send me a letter first. That is all I can get for now. You will get another letter in the mail because I dont have time anymore to email, plus I cant remember what I was going to say....
 
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Elder Ruelas

No comments:

Post a Comment