Saturday, August 4, 2012

August 3, 2012

Hey mom thanks for everything. I don't have any letters next to me so I am just going to tell you about my week instead of answering questions. Today was AMAZING!!!!!! I went through the temple again and when I was done I remembered that I wanted to see a sealing room. I asked if I could go sit in one for a minute or so and they said no, but instead they asked me if I wanted to be a witness to the sealing and fill in for the kid being sealed to their parents. It was AWESOME!!!!!!! The entire time this was going on I was thinking about how much I can't wait to get out to San Fernando and teach families. I wanted to focus on re-activating members but now I want to work for baptizing families because I want to know that they will be sealed together for all eternity. Plus, now I can't wait to have a family of my own and be sealed to my wife and kids! Don't worry I know mission first, then I can focus on marriage, but am just really thankful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with my family that I have and for the family that I will have. 
That has been my day so far but this week has been soooooooo good. It started off the same, wake up, eat, study, eat, study, eat, study, go to bed. Then Tuesday came around and that's when the week started to get interesting. We got a new investigator named Jorge Delgado. I already knew that he was going to be tough by his picture and trust me he was. He knows a ton about the restoration and kept on asking question after question after question and wouldn't let my companions or I talk. I kept on freezing up and not knowing what to say. That was the first time where I started to question, "Why did I get called to San Fernando Spanish speaking Mission?". How am I supposed to get Latinos (Mexicans:) ) to trust me, especially when growing up I never really had an actual "Mexican" friend. I was upset the rest of the day. Ya I know I was being to hard on myself but its ok, I am better. The reason for that was because of the Devotional and the Talk that I heard. I forgot the guys first name but his last name is Pinegar? idk. One of the first things that he said to us was that we got called to where we got called to for a reason. God Knows us. He knows our weaknesses and our strengths and he called us to where we are going to bring the BEST out of us. The entire time I was like WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is like this guy knows what happened that day and what I was thinking. He said some other stuff that I really liked but I can't remember because I don't have my notes, but he made me ready to go back and teach Jorge. Overall that was one of the best talks that I have heard here at the MTC.
Wednesday came and went then Thursday came. The big day where I get to teach Jorge again. We decided to teach him about the Plan of Salvation because he had a son who died when he was 14. The lesson went great! He wasn't doing the talking, we were. Plus I didn't freeze up. I taught my part which was about the Spirit world and I start to tell him that the gospel is being taught to be people who have died already and how they can be baptized. That is when he started asking questions. Instead of freezing up, I had something to say. I told him about baptisms for the dead. His big question was that he wanted to know what he could do now for his son. BOOM light bulb! I asked him if he would be baptized and he said yes. He was still kind of unsure but he did say yes. He wants to talk with his wife and his pastor because he still has doubts about Joseph Smith being a prophet therefore he is a little unsure about us having the priesthood authority from God. That's fine because we hit our hour mark so we had to wrap it up so we told him to keep praying about it and that we would come back and teach him more. That lesson was one of my favorite lessons I have given so far. The rest of the day went smoothly.
Tell dad I am going write him a letter today and mail it to him and also Angelica. Tell Angelica that I might not get a chance to finish hers today because I have a lot to tell dad. I was talking with one of the branch presidency and he told me to be as honest and straight forward with him as I was to him. Other than that I didn't get too many letters.  Well I only have 20 seconds left so I'm gonna rap it up. Send pictures. Keep telling people to write me. Tell Chiquis and Demetrius congrats! Tell my Tio Humberto and Tia Cindy, I said Hi and other than that I believe that is it. Tell me if I forgot something and I'll write you a letter.

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy....Elder Ruelas

No comments:

Post a Comment