Saturday, November 10, 2012

November 5, 2012

Whats up!!!!
Well this past week was another slow week. My companions both got sick so we stayed home to let them rest. I just want to get over these nerves that I have! But I guess I just have to wait. We did try to go out, but when we did nobody was home or nobody wanted to listen. When we had appointments, they cancelled. We are trying our best though. We are working on being exactly obedient. You know me and exact obedience haha. Well we are working towards it though. We read the mission manual every day for Companion Study and we found that even on P-day we have to study. Neither of us were happy but we did it. We are hoping though that we can get good solid people to teach that will follow through with commitments. I'm getting tired of having people give us these lame answers for why they couldn't do something. Dont worry I am being patient and humble though. I am just making this a learning experience and you know that I am laughing the entire time. Sorry I can't say that there were any crazy stories this week just because of everybody being sick. Honestly I just read the scriptures and this book called "Jesus The Christ." That is a really good book. That book really gets you thinking, plus it makes sense. Plus there are scripture references to back everything up. In the Book of Mormon I am already in 3 Nephi 9. I can't believe that I have been reading it so fast but I am happy because I am learning so much. Now all I have to do is copy my notes into my spanish scriptures haha.
 
I really liked the pictures. Especially the one of Isabel in her lion costume. Ya Halloween went like this for me. At 6, came home and we had to clean. We cleaned for about 2 hours then I worked out. then I went to bed. Pretty lame halloween but I can't complain. It was the first work out that I have gotten in who knows how long. We get 30 minutes to excersise in the morning and I have no time to do anything. After actually waking up, saying my prayers, and going to the bathroom, then actually waking up I have no time. I get what I can but it does nothing. That is funny how random people have heard Isabel's story! I think I am just going to send everybodies birthday present in one package. I am still waiting for yours and to get dad's done. So who knows how long that will take. I got Sister Hulens letter. I was cracking up the entire time because I kept on thinking that she wrote it to the wrong person. I couldn't read it at one point and I gave it to this other Elder who knows how to read cursive and he thought it was a young girl writing me. Ya it was funny overall but tell her thanks for the letter. Tell Angelica that I did write her back. IDK what she is talking about not getting a letter.
 
Are the Spanish Elders all new? That is awesome about Mario. Hopefully that goes well. Who is Sonya and Mr. Polman though? Anyways tell Alta CONGRAT!!! I stopped reading after JJ and was wondering why you were holding my cousin lol. I would like Brother Thraps address so I can write him and let him know how I am doing.
 
I don't think that I have said it yet but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also tell Josie I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY too.
 
I dont miss you either but I LOVE YOU!!!! I cant believe that I am already 4 month into the mission, but I will be back before you know it mom.
 
Elder Ruelas
 
PS I forgot to tell you that the lady who we baptized, her and her husband comitted to going to the temple to get married on November 9th of next year! I am super excited for them because I will get to come back and go see it happen. Plus your birthday will be on the Friday right before their wedding!


1st 2 pictures are of Pancho and Panchita. I'm gonna send them to Isabel. The 3rd picture is of my eye. We got bored on halloween night so we thought to take a picture of my eye. It looks pretty sweet!


 
Oh yeah I forgot to tell you about what happened today. We were washing laundry and this drunk guy came up to us and asked us if we were missionaries. Of course we said yes. He was homeless and an alcoholic, but after a while I could tell that he just wanted somebody to talk to. It was wierd though because I didn't say a single word to him for the first couple of minutes and he turns to me, stops, and says you remind me of Peter (the apostle). The entire conversation was him talking to us about how he was at war and he says that to me. I had no clue what to say. My companions gave him a Book of Mormon while I was getting my clothes and I guess he started to cry. We were about to drive away but he stopped us and asked us to sign it so he could show his daughter (he is divorced by the way) and tell her that we are the ones who gave him the book. This was all in Spanish but he was a really nice guy. It just goes to show how our Heavenly Father will send us to people who need us.

No comments:

Post a Comment