Sunday, August 26, 2012

August 25, 2012

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our Heavenly Father has really blessed us with a beautiful new member to our family! What is hooked up to her head though? Is she back home and out of the hospital yet? Man pretty much everybody I meet I tell that I am now an uncle, plus I show them a picture of her. Hopefully I can print these pictures out even though they will only be in black and white. I hope everybody got their letters. I didnt hear from anybody except dad. Everything is AMAZING here! Just got back from the temple and I cant tell you how much I learned. Literally. Lets just say that I cant wait to get back home so we can go to the temple and I can share with you what I learned. Also, do you know if the Nauvoo temple has a cafeteria? Provo does and the food is super good! Plus they give you a lot and it is really cheap.  But ya this week has been really good even though something sad happened in our district. I'll get there though. Well the week started like normal. Wake up, shower, change, so on and so on. It came time for personal study and this week I really wanted to read 3 Nephi Chapters where Christ is here in the Americas. It is because on Sunday we watched the Testiments. Wow I never thought I would say that that movie is one of my favorites but it is. It really helped me make the Book of Mormon a whole lot more real to me. It is our ancestor's heritage, that saw Jesus Christ too. Even though I didn't get to read as much of the chapters as I wanted to, I still read a lot and still am reading. There is a scripture that is really turning out to be my favorite. 1 Nephi 21:16. It talks about how Christ has the marks from the nails on his hand. He has done his part, now we, in this "prepratory state" have to do our part so we can recieve the forgiveness from God that we need to make it back into the Celestial Kingdom. It is kind of funny though because I didnt get or think about all this as the day was going on. I was mad and sad all at the same time. Devotional came around and it turns out that it was an APOSTLE! Finally after 7 weeks of hoping to hear from an Apostle, we get to hear from one. Elder Niel A. Anderson. Man the talk he gave was great. Since it was the Prophets Birthday on Tuesday he talked about what the Prophet would say to us as missionaries. There were 10 things. I dont have my notebook with me so I will write you a letter and tell you later but that talk was Awesome! Wednesday we finally got to be the host and show the new missionaries around. I didnt see anybody I knew but Spencer finally got here! Justin Bieber, my roomate from college? ya he is finally starting his mission.

I got your letter from earlier in the week but I lost it so I am going to try to answer the questions as best as I can remember. I leave September 5th. I finally got my travel plans and my flight leaves at like 11:30 and it is a direct flight to Burbank, CA. I will call you when I am at the Airport for however long I can. I have received some letters from the ward. Nobody from Relief Society has sent me anything. Make sure you get mad at everybody for me. Everybody who said they would write me, hasn't. And the people who didnt say anything, are the ones who have. Tell everybody I really like letters, especially when they are directed to me. lol. Ya I remember the Ahlstrom family. They had a son who was always with one of the girls his age, I remember. I'm not going to say no to a letter from them. I feel like I am forgeting something but if I remember I will tell you in my letter. Keep sending pictures of Isabel. I can never get enough. Take care of the family and be the example. Love you Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I don't miss you too! lol

ELDER RUELAS

No comments:

Post a Comment