Monday, February 4, 2013

January 14, 2013

Hello,
 
Guess where I am! VAN NUYS! haha It is great, but I am not gonna lie I miss Reseda. My new companion is Elder Olsen. He is awesome and really helping me out. Our area is awesome. We have a lot of part member families that we can work with and our area is filled with Latinos. Especially on the street, which means I won't have to do so much knocking haha. I can just go to them on the street. We set a baptismal date with this girl but of course she didn't show up. The Van Nuys ward meets in the same building as my old ward so I see people I know every once in a while. It is wierd to be in a new place not seeing the usual people, but it is part of the mission. It has been kind of a "weird", more like sad week though. Within my first 2 or 3 days I met a lady who gets beat by a guy who lives with her and all of her pay check has to go to her daughter, Another single mom who works 2 jobs and is never home to see her kids and they both want a quincenera next year (they are twins). I don't know how they do it. What stinks is that we can't even teach them. One of them can't have visitors in her house and basically never leaves and the other has no time. But I know that one day they will be able to have the opportunity to accept the gospel in their lives.
 
Ya so I am on bike and it has been FREEZING this past week. Don't worry I am staying warm. We are definitely pushing to get into peoples houses and using the sympathy card.
 
Tell the missionaries that they need to be more Paisa. If they don't know what that means then that is why they don't get in haha. But something that we really focus on is telling people that the Book of Mormon testifies of their ancestors. Well that is what I make sure I do. And I am not afraid to give them the book right then and there at the door and don't take no for an answer. Plus they need to make them laugh right off the bat. I don't get in the first time, but it makes it easier to come back and get in right away. 
 
Tell dad that I want him to be there in the temple when I get married. I tried telling him in a letter but he wrote back and said that he couldn't read it because it was in pencil. I wrote thick because I couldn't find my pen that day haha.
 
Please send packages to the office. I don't want to have to bike to the post office and carry my packages back home on the bike. We don't have a porch like I did in Reseda.
 
Also if I can still ask for stuff, I would like some good CDs. I am starting to get bored in the house when I can't listen to music, plus I have been listening to the same CD for the last 4 months. PLEASE!!! Basically anything that is from the Church or any Christian music. Ask the missionaries, they will know. Unless they aren't allowed to, but idk haha. I also might be needing some more pants. Like I said we bike and our area is huge.
 
 
I LOVE YOU!!!! take care. Tell Lucy I miss her too. Tell her I will see her in 18 Months.
 
Elder Ruelas
 
 













 

No comments:

Post a Comment