Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 8, 2013

Hey Mom

I wouldn't worry about pants. I am planning on waiting on getting clothes when the summer heat dies down. The address to the new mission home is 3512 Coffee Rd Suite B, Bakersfield, CA 93308. I met my new mission President on Friday. He is awesome. I have no worries my last year. No I am not eating off of street corners. My new area is straight up desert and there is not a single taco stand in sight.

This past week was really good. We found 3 new investigators. 2 of them are married with kids. Pretty interested. The last one was an old investigator that we found unknowingly. She would not pray though. I don't get why people think that they can't pray. I hate the excuse that they aren't good at it since hey haven't had any practice. I have to keep my cool to keep the love in the room haha. What was really awesome that day was that we went to an appointment but we forgot our phone with a recent convert. We are helping him train for football, if he reads and prays everyday, comes to church each week, and tries to get a friend there so that we can see if they are interested. We book it back to the park where we were at and I just hear a guy say, "Hey can ya'll do me a favor?" Turns out this guy was an old investigator who really likes the missionaries but he would never go to church. He was just going through a really rough time. He wanted us to keep him company as he walked to this house that was really close. He is starting to look for "HIS" church. We will see what happens. It was a really cool week. To top it off, we are teaching somebody who has been taught on and off since 2008. She would not go to church at all and this Sunday she showed up and she really, REALLY liked it. She wants to bring her grandaughter next week. She is awesome. I know that I say this a lot, but I really like this area. I am learning a ton. I am seeing even more miracles and how important it is to have the spirit with you so that conversion is possible.

I hear you on the baking. My last companion baked a ton and it was good, and I did not lose a single pound. I heard about the plane crash but nothing too much. That is awesome that Boyd gets to go on his mission! It is going to be awesome. Everything is just changing so much. The way the prosyliting is developing is nuts! We might get to use Facebook, plus we also are getting tablets. I might not be here to use them, but every companionship is getting one.

I really like the pictures of Isabel. She is stuntin like its a habit in the car. I guess I like the picture of Lucy as well. Just don't tell her I said that haha. I did get to see the movie of Isabel and Lucy and it was great. I can't wait to get home and see her. LESS THAN A YEAR! HAHA CRAZY!!!!

Well I hope everyone is alright. I love you mom! and Everybody else.

Take Care

Elder Ruelas

P.S. Every Missionary has to start getting side bags A.K.A messenger bags A.K.A MURSES. I am going to look for one today. Hopefully I can get a super cheap Louis Vitton or Coach haha. Na I'm gonna try to look for a Jordan or a Nike. So that's why I might have a charge on my Debit card for so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment